1. garden. obvious, but hear me out. sometimes, all it takes is a garden to give all angles of your home a glow. I am a fan of any and all colors growing in a garden, including lots of green veggies, but there are many ways to approach the garden design. and always remember to bring some of it indoors.
2. live outdoors. take it outside. all of it. reading. eating. laughing. drinking. go outside. but in order to do that happily, you have to make your living space as comfy to you as your living room.
for cheaper but just as decadent, try ikea:
3. eat fresh; be beautiful in your color choice, even in the kitchen. and let it all be seen. color = summer.
artichoke, fennel and tricolor tomato salad, recipe: here
prosciutto-wrapped asparagus with citrus dip, recipe: here
4. bring in the light. open your window. open your door. feel fresh air again. light is the quickest way to brightening a space and your mental state.
mirrors and white furniture help...
...as do bursts of color. use flowers and fruit for this:
5. stay organized. winter moves to summer, thus time to clean up closets, sporting gear, garden tools, etc. I find that if I like the order, I am more apt to use the stuff. but, that's just my crazy side talking (which is really my only side). no surprises, martha has the best ideas.